BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

17 weeks 1 day

So baby was super cooperative at today's 2nd ob appt. We saw Dr. Manning who is super nice. She found baby's hb right away with the doppler. Moving a bit and kicked the doppler once that I could feel. This is unlike big brother Landon who would squirm away from the doppler. Dr. Manning said according to the old wives tale and the hb of 140-155 this baby is a girl. ;-)

I asked about the pressure I've been feeling lately. Just this uncomfortable pressure and she explained this is normal for second time Momma's. Good to know but I thought all that uncomfortableness (is that a word?) would have been the first time around.

I also found out that I have an umbilical hernia which I discovered a few weeks ago when my belly button was beginning to pop out. Its ugly and I will probably have to have it repaired after this babe is born.

I've gained 3 lbs since last visit. :::wipes brow::: According to my calculations (meaning my scale, no heavy clothes, same time of day) I've gained 7 lbs. So I'm on track for 30 lbs. We'll see. I look like I've put on at least 10 lbs this time. I'm also carrying very differently. With Landon I had a basketball for a belly and this time I feel wider, thicker.

Food is still rather disgusting at times. By evening my m/s is in full force if I don't eat like I should and sometimes I have no appetite for dinner. UGH! So with Landon I had a chicken aversion which really didn't exist this time. I've been craving wings, carbs, sweets, chips and some sour things. With Landon the first 12 weeks all I wanted was Chinese; I think I've had it twice this entire pg. I'm not going through 3 gallons of milk quite yet either but I don't think that happened until my last trimester.

I've been feeling movement for a good 2-3 weeks now. Babe definitely has a different personality from big brother Landon and does not kick back when I push and prod at my belly.

I'm still fairly tired but not nearly as much as I was. I began nesting this past weekend and found a $50 gift card to a local spa. Guess who will be spoiling herself soon? Yes, that would be me and I cannot wait. As much as I want a massage...I can't shell out $80 on top of my gift card. So a chocolate sugar scrub it will be.

And last but not least we will be finding out what we are having in 4 weeks. April 3rd. We chose to wait until my new insurance kicks in. I can't believe I said ok to waiting a week longer. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment