BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, April 1, 2012

20w6d - Half baked!

Its been an eventful past few weeks. Mike is in the midst of buying out a chiropractic practice and possibly a building. We are getting Landon's big boy room ready and thinking of the possibility of potty training this coming weekend. (I'm very intimidated by this and am nervous he won't do well.) Not to mention the abdominal pain I have been experiencing.

Two weeks ago, I was at work and noticed that I felt like I had done an extreme ab work out the night before. Obviously, I didn't. I called around 9 AM and left a message for the triage nurse. At 10:30, the soreness increased to cramping which freaked me out. I called back at 10:30 to relay the message. By 1PM I still had not heard anything. I got myself in the car, drove myself to my ob's office but before I got there I called and the nurse had just got off the phone with Dr. Manning. Took 'em long enough! So the nurse told me that Dr. Manning wanted me to take the afternoon off and rest. She thought it was just "normal" pregnancy pains and I was possibly coming down with a GI bug.

I was a mess. Called Mike crying and upset because I did not feel this was what was going on. I went home though and rested the entire afternoon. It took awhile for everything to calm down but eventually my symptoms did.

Tuesday I went back to work as normal and within an hour on my feet I was doubling over in pain. The last time I had this kind of pain was when I was miscarrying and the time before that was when I was in labor with Landon. In other words, something that does not happen frequently to me. So I called and asked to be seen.

To make a long story short, Dr. Manning said she did not see anything alarming and my cervix was long and closed. She diagnosed me with RLP, round ligament pain. Really!?! I'm still not convinced, despite belly supports helping fairly well. I don't have classic RLP. I don't get sharp pains on the sides of my uterus. I get pain right around my belly button area (remember I have an umbilical hernia) and its horizontal not vertical.

So that was some excitement that I really didn't need.

Babe has been moving around more frequently but I wouldn't say that he/she is as active as his/her brother was. At least not yet.

Tuesday is our anatomy scan. I'm a bit nervous but more excited than anything. I will try to post Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment